Pioneers in Extreme Overlanding
Wander Beyond Boundaries offers 4×4 self-drive journeys reaching out to remote lands, unique cultures & challenging terrain across the globe.
WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT US
After a really difficult section, very steep incline, the sheer joy that all of us had made it. Everyone had an elevated heart rate for sure. So flushed with adrenalin we were. I will always look back to this day whenever I am in doubt about what I am capable of
I had never done anything like this in my life. Such a beautiful route! My driving has improved a lot. I am very glad that I decided to participate.
I won’t miss such an opportunity ever. Thank you WBB
It’s been two years and to this day I miss this team.
I had great fun and make friends for life! There can’t be another like this. So much fun, especially those final tasks in Lahual
Why choose Wander Beyond Boundaries?
WBB is a not a tour operator or agency; we are a mentoring, empowering and facilitating platform
Extreme Overland drives are self-drive expeditions that head out to remote lands. Inherently expeditionary in nature it needs attributes such as self-reliance, adaptability, resilience, resolve etc.
Historically this domain has evolved from the few forgotten wanderers who risked it all to travel the globe on terrain they did not know of and mingling with cultures they had no idea about while taking uncertainty and ambiguity in their stride.
Over time, the tribe of such over landers has sharply risen, now making the domain a discipline in itself.
World over, these drives / journeys / expeditions distinguish themselves from mere road trips or overland drives (mostly major highways and a few pot holed roads etc), by the sheer fact that they are rooted through the unknown, they aspire for what may seem outlandish and unachievable and most definitely involve terrain that is remote, extreme bereft of creature comforts, luxury and the likes. Given the sheer nature of such journeys, they are premised on the fact that vulnerability, and being out of comfort seeds the beginnings of self-growth wherein learning, unlearning and relearning are part of a never-ending loop.
The greatest value becomes the expedition within an individual who undertakes such drives.
WBB are pioneers in seeding extreme overlanding into the Indian context. WBB offers carefully curated, 4×4, self-drive expeditions to explore remote lands worldwide.
Our journeys are not just physical (terrain, difficulty, driving, culture, food, etc.) but
require an individual to undertake an equally intense journey within.
Founder – Wander Beyond Boundaries
Siberia – 2016-17
India’s First Solo Extreme Overland – Pole of Cold
Yakutsk – Oymyakon – Magadan – Yakutsk (North Eastern Siberia in Sakha Republic and Magadan Oblast, Russia)
- First ever drive by an Indian on the Road of Bones from Yakutsk to Magadan(called the world’s most dangerous road).
- First ever drive by an Indian to the Pole of Cold (coldest inhabited place on earth) – Oymyakon.
- First ever Solo to Siberia by an Indian Average temperature on drive -50 degrees, lowest experienced was -59 degrees centigrade.
- Distance – 5080 kms
- Time taken – 17 days
- Start & finish point:Yakutsk, Sakha Republic, Russia
- Vehicle used: Toyota Landcruiser Prado modified to Arctic conditions
- Average driving time in a day: 12-14 hours.
Porsche Himalayan Overland – 2016
Single Driver Himalayan Expedition
Delhi– Srinagar – Kargil – Padum – Batalik – Leh – Nubra – Pangong Tso (via Shyok)– Chushul – Nyoma – Keylong – Battal – Kaza – Komic- Shimla – Delhi
- 22 day extreme overland expedition (XOL) to highlight the connect between mobility & empowerment undertaken in a premium SUV – the Porsche Cayenne. Single driver and expedition leader
Delhi to London – 2015
First Woman-Led, All-Woman Transcontinental Expedition
New Delhi (India) – Myanmar – China – Kyrgyzstan – Uzbekistan – Kazakhstan – Russia – Finland – Estonia – Latvia – Lithuania – Poland – Czech Republic – Germany – Belgium – France – London (UK), 2015: 23800kms
- First women to single-handedly drive a transcontinental distance of 23,800kms; also led the expedition with an all women team.
Line of Control + Actual Control – 2014
The First Private Vehicle Expedition in the area
Delhi – Pathankot – Srinagar – Zozila – Drass – Kargil – Hambutingla – Batalik – Dha – Byama – Khaltsi – Nyoma – Leh – Khardungla – Diskit – Hunder – Koksar – Shyok – Tangste – Pangong Tsu – Chushul – Tso moriri – More plains – Sarchu – Baralachala – Darcha – Jispa – Keylong – Manali – Chandigarh – Ambala – Delhi.
- First private vehicle to take the Koksar – Shyok road; route reached Pangong lake without crossing the Khardungla. The route touched both Line of control (LOC) at Batalik and the Line of Actual Control (LAC) at Chushul. Also the first circuitous route that did not touch any place twice; tricky off-road sections at Shyok, Chushul sections.