Wander beyond boundaries
Saturday: 10AM – 2PM
+91 97170 02058
+91 95605 80993
Wander Beyond Boundaries is a coming together of many years spent exploring small and big trails,
mud tracks and roads; taking the less-trodden paths, coping with surprises and hiccups – all along in an attempt to make travel an experience of a lifetime.
Wander Beyond Boundaries (WBB) specialises in extreme overland and first-of-its-kind expeditions across India, Russia and Africa, with a strong focus on celebrating the supremacy of the human spirit. Our drives are rigorous and challenging, but above all, they are exploratory of not just machine, but also of man. They showcase that journeys are not just outside (terrain, nature, driving difficulty etc), but involve an intense intrinsic journey of self-growth, too.
We aren’t a tour company, because our expeditions are not merely entertainment. They are designed to challenge and push individuals into areas that reveal their true self, while appreciating nature and culture that few people have access to. And extreme overlanding is the perfect medium to do so. The goal at WBB is to do more than return a better driver (which you most certainly will be). The aim is to return a more introspective, humble and internally enlightened person. Only then do we consider a journey complete.
Founded by Nidhi Salgame Tiwari (the 1st woman to drive a trans-continental distance from Delhi to London and the 1st Indian to drive to the Pole of Cold in North-Eastern Siberia) and Col. Satender Malik, SM, Retd. (24 years of service in the army, with many years of extreme terrain driving in Kashmir, Sikkim, Congo and beyond), WBB is a coming together of many years of outdoors, adventure, driving and expeditionary experiences.
What is an XOL (Extreme Overland)?
Extreme Overland drives are self-drive expeditions that head out to remote lands. Inherently expeditionary in nature it needs attributes such as self-reliance, adaptability, resilience, resolve etc. Historically this domain has evolved from the few forgotten wanderers who risked it all to travel the globe on terrain they did not know of and mingling with cultures they had no idea about while taking uncertainty and ambiguity in their stride.
WBB As Pioneers
Over time, the tribe of such over landers has sharply risen, now making the domain a discipline in itself. World over, these drives / journeys / expeditions distinguish themselves from mere road trips or overland drives (mostly major highways and a few pot holed roads etc), by the sheer fact that they are rooted through the unknown, they aspire for what may seem outlandish and unachievable and most definitely involve terrain that is remote, extreme bereft of creature comforts, luxury and the likes. Given the sheer nature of such journeys, they are premised on the fact that vulnerability, and being out of comfort seeds the beginnings of self-growth wherein learning, unlearning and relearning are part of a never-ending loop.
The greatest value becomes the expedition within an individual who undertakes such drives.
WBB are pioneers in seeding extreme overlanding into India… We showcase that journeys are not just Physical (terrain, difficulty, driving, culture, food etc.) but requires an individual to undertake an equally intense journey within.
* Pioneers in extreme overlanding, delivering never before experiences via self-drive expeditions. Driven over 340,000kms on extreme terrain tracks, trails and roads in 30+ countries across the world
* Expeditionary, rigorous, challenging and uphold the supremacy of the human spirit
* Our core strengths are extreme terrain 4wd based driving, unknown or lesser known routes exploration, extreme overland (XOL) skills training, conceptualising and leading 4WD based extreme terrain self-drive journeys
* Vast exposure and skill for variety of terrain – snow, ice, mud, slush, rock & shrub and sand
* Founded by Nidhi Salgame Tiwari (the 1st woman to drive a trans-continental distance from Delhi to London and the 1st Indian to drive to the Pole of Cold in North-Eastern Siberia) and Col. S Malik, SM, Retd. (an ex. Army man having served for 24 years with many years of operational experience in extreme terrain driving in Kashmir, Sikkim, Congo and beyond)
* Knowledge of preventive maintenance and vehicle management – undertaken several single car expeditions without back up
* Understanding of road rules and regulations in most parts of the world
* Local liaison in remote corners of the world * Equipped for medical emergencies – Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician(WEMT) on board
* Planning, Managing and Leading an overland expedition
WBB Expedition Portfolio
Pole Of Cold
First team to self-drive to the coldest point on Earth
First All Women
Trans-Continental Expedition by Road from Delhi to London, 2015
Kel Suu Winter
WBB - Porsche
Himalayan XOL, 2016
Pearl in the Bush, 2019
Skills Training, 2016
Muddy Tracks, Nagaland
First expedition though Nagaland by a team
India’s First Overland Solo
to the Pole of Cold and on the Road of Bones, North-Eastern Siberia, 2016
WBB - Isuzu
Spiti XOL, 2017
Mahindra Adventure Sikkim XOL, 2018
Kashmir Revealed – Drive along the LOC, Dec 2018 • Muddy Tracks, Nagaland, May 2019 • Siberia Overland, Aug 2019 • Pole of Cold, Sept 2019
WBB - Mahindra Adventure ‘Mustang Overland’
First crew of women drivers to reach Lo Manthang, Upper Mustang, 2018
Join us on a first-of-its-kind expedition
Founder / Director
Extreme-terrain driver, off-road jeeper, outdoor educator, and writer, Nidhi is the first woman to drive from Delhi to London, and also the first Indian to drive to the Pole of Cold in North-Eastern Siberia, in peak winter. Has over 22 years of driving and outdoor experience, spread across 32 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe and USA.
Col. SATENDER MALIK, SM (Retd.)
Co-Founder / Director
An overland driver, swimmer, kayaker, mountain biker and a true blue outdoors person, Satty has driven extensively all over India, especially in Sikkim and the North East, on some of the toughest roads and in inhospitable weather.
His off-roading skills were honed in DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo), a country that has less than 300 kms of paved road, where he was based for a full year. Satty’s admin and organizational skills holds us in good shape. He brings in structure that helps keep the focus.
WANDER BEYOND BOuNDARIES
BY THE NUMBERS